Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Wisconsin Act 377 definitions
View Wisconsin Act 377
Implement of Husbandry (IoH)
- A self-propelled or towed vehicle that is
manufactured, designed or reconstructed to be used and that is
exclusively used in the conduct of agricultural operations. An
“implement of husbandry" may include any of the following:
- A farm tractor. (Referred to as Category A)
- A self-propelled combine; a self-propelled forage harvester; self-propelled fertilizer or pesticide application equipment but not including manure application equipment; towed tillage, planting, and cultivation equipment and its towing power unit; or another self-propelled vehicle that directly engages in harvesting farm products, directly applies fertilizer, spray, or seeds but not manure, or distributes feed to livestock. (Referred to as Category B)
- A farm wagon, farm trailer, manure trailer, or trailer adapted to be towed by, or to tow or pull, another implement of husbandry. (Referred to as Category C)
- A combination of vehicles in which each vehicle in the
vehicle combination is an implement of husbandry as described in
subd. 1. or in which an implement of husbandry described in
subd. 1. c. is towed by a farm truck, farm truck tractor, or
- “Implement of husbandry" does not include any of the
- An agricultural commercial motor vehicle.
- A vehicle that, notwithstanding s. 340.01 (8), is a commercial motor vehicle under 49 CFR 390.5
- “Implement of husbandry" does not include any of the following:
Agricultural Commercial Motor Vehicle (Ag CMV)
“Agricultural commercial motor vehicle" (Ag CMV) means a commercial motor vehicle to which all of the following apply:
- The vehicle is substantially designed or equipped, or materially altered from its original construction, for the purpose of agricultural use.
- The vehicle was designed and manufactured primarily for highway use.
- Unless the vehicle was manufactured prior to 1970, the vehicle was manufactured to meet federal motor vehicle safety standard certification label requirements as specified in 49 CFR 567.
- The vehicle is used exclusively in the conduct of agricultural operations.
- The vehicle is directly engaged in harvesting farm products, directly applies fertilizer, spray, or seeds to a farm field, or distributes feed to livestock.
WisDOT Division of Transportation System Development (DTSD), firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: April 25, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.