Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Divisible load permits
Divisible load permits begin with any of the following: AC, AG, FF, MI, PB, PS, RF or RS.
Overweight travel suspended
Travel under overweight multiple trip divisible load permit types is suspended during spring thaw. Only the weight provision of these permits is suspended. Over length loads, as authorized by the permit, may continue to be transported.
RS and PS Exceptions (Things you need to know)
- The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is the only agency that may issue a “Raw Forest Products Permit (RS Permit) per Wis Statute 348.27(9m)(a)4.
- The RS Permit authorizes transport of “raw forest products” at gvw of 98,000 lbs on vehicles or vehicle combinations with six or more axles none of which may exceed the axle weights set in the statute.
- RS Permits are not valid on Interstate highways.
- RS permits do not authorize exceeding posted weight limits, except for seasonal limits on marked State or US routes in connection with thawing of frozen roads.
- Movement of "Seed Potato" (PS Permit) is not suspended during the declared spring thaw period unless the suspension specifically includes seed potato permits.
- During the spring thaw period established by WisDOT, the RS Permit allows transport on any highway that is marked State or US route including those posted to limit weights seasonally in connection with thawing of frozen roads. RS permits also remain valid during spring thaw on all other public roads but are subject to all posted weight limits, including seasonal limits.
For more information related to Class II or posted roadways, contact the transportation region in your area.
If you have questions:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: (608) 266-7320
- FAX: (608) 264-7751
- Write to the address below:
Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Motor Carrier Services
PO Box 7980
Madison, WI 53707-7980
Questions about the content of this page:
Motor Carrier Services, email@example.com
Last modified: March 10, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.