Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Labor and wage compliance - Payroll submission (CRCS) compliance
Employer submission of payrolls using WisDOT’s Civil Rights Compliance System (CRCS) is a key element in complying with prevailing wage laws.
- Certified payroll reports fact sheet (now includes the keys to weekly payroll report.)
- Weekly payroll information sheet
- Certified payroll training videos
Module 1: Labor laws
Playing time 00:08:02
Prevailing wage laws (the Davis-Bacon Act, additional special provisions, and the use of DBE firms, etc.).
Module 2: Wage rates
Playing time 00:03:19
Wage rates (worker classifications, premium pay, and future increases, etc.)
Module 3: Payroll
Playing time 00:07:44
General payroll information (overtime calculations, fringe benefits, and deductions, etc.).
- Module 1: Labor laws Playing time 00:08:02
- Certified payroll law training schedule
Additional prevailing wage resources for contractors
- Highway Construction Contract Information (HCCI)
- WisDOT aeronautics project managers
- WisDOT equal rights officers
- Department of Workforce Development (DWD) - Prevailing wage rate
- DWD - Dictionary of occupational classifications
- Civil Right Compliance System (CRCS) - Software training schedule
- CRCS - Contractor's User Manual, Payrolls (5.5 MB)
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
- Want to avoid rekeying payrolls?
CRCS - Setup for electronic payrolls
Playing time 00:25:20
- CRCS - Correcting electronic payrolls Playing time 00:16:18
- CRCS - Resume project with electronic payrolls Playing time 00:12:22
- How to get subcontractors registered
- Managing electronic payroll projects Playing time 00:30:30
- System background information
- Contractor's User Manual - Sublet and payments, complete
- Sublets and payments Playing time 00:18:55
- System uses for firms, whether assigned to a project or not Playing time 00:18:30
Paper-based payrolls (projects not using CRCS)
Jay Jerde, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: August 15, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.