Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
What's new for dealers and auctions
Lien release information
Effective July 1, 2010 non-individual Wisconsin lien holders must electronically process applications for original lien listing and subsequent release. More information
Wisconsin dealers required to process electronically
A law passed in July 2005 requires that all licensed motor vehicle dealers electronically process title and registration applications for their customers by June 30, 2007.
If a dealership sold 48 or fewer vehicles in 2006, it may be exempt from the electronic processing requirement. If the dealership is exempt and chooses not to electronically process, it must pay an additional $15 per application.
If a dealership is not exempt it will be assessed a $50 surcharge for each application submitted to DMV for processing that can be completed electronically. This surcharge cannot be passed on to the customer.
It is to your dealership's advantage to learn an electronic system. Wisconsin DMV is pleased to offer three choices for electronic titling:
- CVR: John Hawkins, (612) 408-7045
- DealerTrack: Sales and Marketing, (800) 876-2312, ext. 4999
- e-MV11: www.dot.wi.gov/business/dealers/emv11
WisDOT Customer Service Unit, (608) 266-1425
WisDOT's e-MV11 program now allows motor vehicle dealers to electronically process all title/registration applications for their customers via the Internet.
There are numerous benefits in filing electronically. To name a few, there is no charge and the program allows dealers to meet the requirements of the Wisconsin budget bill that requires all licensed motor vehicle dealers to electronically process all title/registration applications for their customers via the Internet.
Join WisDOT's dealer listserv!
Sign up on the dealer listserv to receive WisDOT dealer news.
Dealer publications already available electronically
- Directory of Wisconsin Dealers WisDOT list of all licensed motor vehicle businesses in Wisconsin.
- List of dealers including vehicle makes they can sell - this list will be available soon
- Non-valid Wisconsin BID card directory WisDOT list of all Salvage Buyer Identification Cards that become non-valid before the expiration date shown on the card. - this list will be available soon
- Out-of-business dealer directory WisDOT list of all dealerships that went out of business prior to the license expiration date shown on their license certificate - this list will be available soon
- Plain Dealing newsletter Current and back issues of WisDOT’s Plain Dealing newsletter.
Questions about the content of this page:
Division of Motor Vehicles, Dealer Section, email@example.com
Last modified: May 20, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.