Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Design and related services solicitation
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation is seeking interest in the projects listed in the tables below. The solicitation number (ex: SW 01) is linked to a Word document that includes the scope of services narrative, which explains the type of work to be performed, and the Notice of Interest questionnaire form to be submitted by interested firms.
If there is a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) goal on the contract, it will be noted in the DBE goal column. See more instructions below. If there is a solicitation-specific DBE goal, it will noted in the special instructions section of the solicitation.
In 2007, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) implemented a bridge design specification for all bridges designed and maintained in Wisconsin. This bridge design specification is known as Load and Resistance Factor Design (LRFD). Consulting engineers are required to provide LRFD designs for all bridge design services. More information.
NOI due: October 30, 2014, 12 noon CST - Late submittals will not be accepted.
Firms must have ESubmit permissions before submitting NOIs for the projects below. Do not wait to apply for these permissions until the deadline date!
Division of Transportation System Development Regions
Division of Transportation System Development - Transportation Regions
|SW||Project ID||Project description||Hwy||County||Roster/
|SW 01||1067-02-03||Bridge Rehab||I-94||Jefferson||Roster|
|SW 02||6918-01-02||Recondition||US 51||Columbia||Roster||$100,000|
|SW 03||1650-07-02||Recondition||US 61||Grant||Roster|
|SW 03||1650-07-03||Bridge Replacement||US 61||Grant||Roster|
|SE||Project ID||Project description||Hwy||County||Roster/
|SE 01||1100-01-07||Bridge Rehabilitation||US 45||Milwaukee||Roster||$200,000|
|SE 02 - CANCELLED||2270-04-00||Resurface||WIS 57||Ozaukee||Roster||$80,000|
|SE 03 - CANCELLED||3150-05-00||Reconstruct||US 14||Walworth||Roster|
|SE 04 - CANCELLED||3150-06-00||Reconstruct||US 14||Walworth||Roster||$50,000|
|NE||Project ID||Project description||Hwy||County||Roster/
|NE 01||1009-39-94||CADD Services - Stage 1||Regionwide||Various||Roster|
|1009-39-94||CADD Services - Stage 2||Regionwide||Various||Roster|
|1009-39-94||CADD Services - Stage 3||Regionwide||Various||Roster|
|NE 02||1470-24-00||City of Kewaunee, Main St||WIS 42||Kewaunee||Roster|
North Central Region
|NC||Project ID||Project description||Hwy||County||Roster/
|NW||Project ID||Project description||Hwy||County||Roster/
|NW 01||1197-00-01||Spooner-Minong US 63 Trego Interchange||US 53||Barron||Roster||$200,000|
Statewide Bureaus and Offices
|Bureau of Highway Maintenance|
|BHM||Project ID||Project description||Hwy||County||Roster/
|BHM 01||0656-43-05||Freight Operations Support Staff - Stage 1||N/A||Statewide||Open|
|0656-43-05||Freight Operations Support Staff - Stage 2||N/A||Statewide||Open|
|0656-43-05||Freight Operations Support Staff - Stage 3||N/A||Statewide||Open|
|Bureau of Project Development|
|BPD||Project ID||Project description||Hwy||County||Roster/
|BPD 01||0657-45-03||Best Value Procurement Process||N/A||Statewide||Open|
|Bureau of Technical Services|
|BTS||Project ID||Project description||Hwy||County||Roster/
|BTS 01||0657-45-04||Aggregate Testing Services - Stage 1||N/A||Statewide||Open|
|0657-45-04||Aggregate Testing Services - Stage 2||N/A||Statewide||Open|
|0657-45-04||Aggregate Testing Services - Stage 3||N/A||Statewide||Open|
|BTS 02||0801-12-24||Falling Weight Defectometer Data Analysis - Stage 1||N/A||Statewide||Open|
|0801-12-24||Falling Weight Defectometer Data Analysis - Stage 2||N/A||Statewide||Open|
|0801-12-24||Falling Weight Defectometer Data Analysis - Stage 3||N/A||Statewide||Open|
|BTS 03||MO697-2X-XX||Master Contract Stormwater Management||Various||Statewide||Roster|
For state projects:
- Each scope of services narrative includes an email address to which consultants may submit questions about the package.
- The subject line of the email message must read "Question about <Solicitation Number>, <Project ID>." Failure to include the solicitation number (SE 1, SE 2, etc.) and at least one project ID may prevent the question from being answered. There may be a link on the Word document automatically sending a message with the correct subject line.
- No phone calls about the project will be accepted.
- The source person or firm of the questions will not be identified with the published questions and answers.
- Firms interviewing for projects may only contact the WisDOT staff person listed on the NOI between notification of interview and the interview itself. Answers to questions posed during this time period will be shared with all interviewing firms.
For local government projects:
- Call the contact listed in the narrative if you have questions.
- Questions and answers for local projects will not be posted.
- Each solicitation number (ex: SE 01) has its own scope of services narrative and Notice of Interest Questionnaire (NOI). The NOI is included in the narrative file. Files are MS Word .
- Firms must submit completed NOIs for each solicitation number in which they have interest.
- Firms with multiple offices may not submit separate files for each office.
- Solicitation numbers/projects may require firms to be listed on the WisDOT Roster of Eligible Engineering Consultants or may be open to all firms including those listed on the WisDOT Roster.
- Solicitation numbers will be marked Roster or Open.
- If the solicitation number is open to all firms, instructions and forms required for submittal will be noted in and accessible from the scope of services narrative.
- If a solicitation number has a DBE requirement, (DBE) is included in the solicitation number column.
- If "Same SN" appears in the solicitation number column, the project is one of two or more on the same contract or indicates that more than one contract will be awarded.
- Some projects require interviews for a short list of firms. The MS Word narrative/NOI document in the project list will note if interviews are to be held for the project. Only firms chosen to interview will be notified formally.
NOI submittal via ESubmit
- For state and local projects, all firms must use ESubmit to send in NOIs. Please read the instructions on how to use ESubmit carefully.
- If you have not applied for ESubmit permissions in the past, please do so well in advance of submitting NOIs for this solicitation.
- Hard copies will not be accepted.
- WisDOT will deliver local project NOIs to the appropriate parties.
- When submitting NOIs for this solicitation, enter "2014" as the year and "November" as the month.
Local units of government
Local units of government may have projects in our solicitation. They are listed under the WisDOT region in which they reside, and are awarded as three-party contracts. Under current department policy, local units of government are responsible for the selection process (including solicitation) for these contracts. WisDOT provides this advertisement as a service to our local government partners.
If you are interested in working on other local projects, you should contact local units of government directly for information regarding potential contracts.
Please contact Consultant Services if you have questions concerning this solicitation. We look forward to your response and appreciate your interest in providing engineering and related services to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
Awards for solicitation packages are subject to WisDOT funding and staffing changes.
Questions about the content of this page:
Consultant Services, email@example.com
Last modified: October 23, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.