Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Environmental areas - Aesthetic and visual impacts
Environmental Guidebook - Tools and guidance to assist in the environmental documentation of the aesthetic and visual impact of a proposed project.
- Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) - Summary of environmental legislation affecting transportation
- FDM 20-5-1 National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 (NEPA)
- FDM 20-10-1 National environmental regulations
- FDM 20-20-1 Wisconsin Environmental Policy Act (WEPA)
- FDM 20-20-5 State transportation statutes (Rustic roads)
- FDM Chapter 21 Environmental documentation
- FDM 21-15-5 Environmental assessments (Type II) (Basic and factor sheets)
How does aesthetics differ from landscaping?
Aesthetics are considered during a project's development for both the view of the facility and the view from the facility. Aesthetics fits the project into the landscape rather than landscaping after the construction is complete.
Landscaping a project is only an element of aesthetics.
Questions about the content of this page:
Janet Nodorft, email@example.com
Last modified: May 13, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.