Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Driver license documentation
- Proof of name and date of birth
- Proof of identity
- Proof of citizenship or legal status in the U.S.
- Proof of Wisconsin residency
- Proof of Social Security Number
- Proof of name change
- REAL ID - new federal requirements
- Voluntary temporary surrender of a driver license
- BDS316 - Acceptable documents for a Wisconsin driver license or ID card application (en espaņol) - Printable handout containing the following
five lists of acceptable documents:
- Citizenship or legal status in the U.S.
- Name and date of birth
- Wisconsin residency
- Social Security Number
- Proof of insurance
Questions? Contact us: Wisconsin DMV email service
Last modified: January 8, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.