Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Certified driver and vehicle records
Wisconsin law enforcement officers, district attorneys and court staff, and Wisconsin State Public Defender
You can request a certified driver or vehicle record through the Department of Justice's (DOJ) Wisconsin's Law Enforcement Members Resource Site: WILENET.
If you do not have a WILENET password, the Web site provides information on getting one. If you already have a password:
- Log on
- Select "Features" from the menu at the top
- Select "Department of Transportation"
- Choose "Certified Driver Record Request" or "Certified Vehicle Record Request"
You may enter a single request or several at a time.
All other public requests for certified driver and vehicle records
To process your request for a certified copy of a driver or vehicle record:
- Complete a Vehicle/Driver Record Information Request form MV2896.
- Indicate in the comment area of Section B that the record needs to be certified.
- Make check payable to "Registration Fee Trust." We will bill you if additional fees are required to complete your request. The fees are listed on the form and are different for driver and vehicle records.
- Mail check and form MV2896 to the appropriate address indicated on the form.
Note: All record requests received by Wisconsin DMV must be accompanied by the appropriate fee per record. The search fee is charged regardless if a record is found with the information provided. MV2896's received with the inappropriate or no fee may either be returned to the requestor and/or billed for the difference due.
Questions? Contact us: Wisconsin DMV email service
Last modified: June 15, 2011
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.