Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Adding and deleting users to PARS
Each person logging on to PARS to request driving/vehicle records will need to complete all four steps below. DMV will email only the PARS Agreement Coordinator when each authorization is approved.
- Each PARS user must obtain a Wisconsin User ID from the
State's Web Access Management System (WAMS). Please note
that this step may be skipped for individuals who already have a
Wisconsin User ID. Logon to
to begin the registration process.
- Select: Self-Registration (request a Wisconsin user ID and password).
- When the Self-Registration screen appears, scroll down and read the User Acceptance Agreement. Click on ACCEPT at the bottom of the page to agree to the terms of the usage policy.
- The Self-Registration window with fill-in boxes will appear. Fill in all the required (*) fields in the profile information, account information and account recovery sections. Note: Your User ID should identify you, not the organization (e.g. JSMITH as opposed to ABC Trucking). Take care to remember and protect your User ID, and Password. They are your keys to doing secure business with the State of Wisconsin over the Internet. Click on Submit.
- You will receive an e-mail reply from WAMS@wi.gov. Follow the instructions in the e-mail to log into the system and verify your account. You will receive notification that you have successfully created and activated your Wisconsin Login Account. If you do not respond to the WAMS e-mail within 4 days, your account will be deleted and you will have to start the self-registration process over again.
- Criminal background check requirements: Users of
PARS with direct access to the DMV data are required to have a
criminal background check performed. The criminal background
check must be conducted by the requesting agency or business.
DMV will not authorize access until a copy of the criminal
background check is received. The background check will
consist of a name/date of birth check.
- Wisconsin organizations: The background check must
be performed online through the Wisconsin Department of
http://wi-recordcheck.org. Select "Online record
checks for credit card customers" and the process will be
online. Requests can also be submitted by mail to the
Department of Justice for an additional cost.
For organizations or employees based outside Wisconsin: The background check must be conducted by an accredited private vendor or the state agency responsible for performing the name and date of birth criminal background checks in the state where the organization or employee resides.
- Please keep a copy of your Criminal Background Check results on file for all authorized PARS users.
- Submit an electronic copy of the criminal background check electronically with the attached MV3758 form. If the Department of Justice is used, you may submit the 16 digit reference number (credit card customers only).
- Wisconsin organizations: The background check must be performed online through the Wisconsin Department of Justice at: http://wi-recordcheck.org. Select "Online record checks for credit card customers" and the process will be online. Requests can also be submitted by mail to the Department of Justice for an additional cost.
- Submit the system access request form (MV3758) for each person
that will be requesting driving/vehicle records. Open the
MV3758 form and complete on your computer (do not print and hand fill).
- Complete the System Access request form MV3758
for each person you need authorized to use PARS. Section B of the
MV3758 indicates the role(s) that applies to the person's use
of the PARS system. Be sure that at least one person has
checked the ACH box (banking and auditing role).
Section B of the MV3758 must be signed by the applicant and the person who signed the PARS contract (Agency Contractual Signature). Please note that by typing the name in the signature field, the font will automatically change to script to reflect an electronic signature.
- Email the MV3758 as a Microsoft Word attachment to:PARS@dot.wi.gov. Please send multiple MV3758 forms together in one e-mail. If you cannot e-mail the MV3758 as a Word document, call us at (608) 266-0928 for assistance.
- Complete the System Access request form MV3758 for each person you need authorized to use PARS. Section B of the MV3758 indicates the role(s) that applies to the person's use of the PARS system. Be sure that at least one person has checked the ACH box (banking and auditing role).
- Have each employee sign the Recipient Employee Memorandum of Understanding and keep this document on file at your agency. Do not send to DMV.
Deleting authorized PARS users
- Submit the system access request form MV3758 for each person that will no longer be using PARS. Complete Section A only.
- Email the MV3758 as a Microsoft Word document attachment to PARS@dot.wi.gov. If you cannot email the MV3758 as a Word document, call us at (608) 266-0928 for assistance.
Questions about the content of this page:
Bureau of Driver Services, email@example.com
Last modified: May 25, 2011
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.