Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Driver school application and fee (MV3110)
A Driver School Application (MV3110) needs to be completed and submitted with the required fees. All questions on the application must be answered. Questions not answered or required documentation that is missing will delay the issuance of the school license. Refer to the Driver Training School Checklist (MV3757) to ensure all required documentation is submitted with the application.
This form is used to apply for an original, renewal or duplicate school license and to identify the age group that will be instructed.
- Adult only (18 years of age and over)
- Under 18 only
- Adults and under 18 (both adults and under 18 years of age)
- Commercial motor vehicle (CMV) - (truck drivers)
When applying for an original school license, the following items must be submitted with the application form:
- Application Form (MV3110)
- Copy of insurance policy (standard liability and vehicle)
- Bond (MV3764) or bond alternative (MV3755)
- Driver Instructor Application (MV3112)
- Contract/agreement (school must develop)
- Fee schedule (school must develop)
- Copy of form used to record student record (school must develop)
- Driver Training School Office Certification (MV3683)
- Driver Training School Classroom Certification (MV3684)
- Course summary for each type of lesson being offered (classroom; behind-the-wheel; 10-hour refresher and 40-hour instructor)
- Vehicle Record (MV3264) if behind-the-wheel instruction is offered
Information required in the application may include, but is not limited to:
- Name of applicant
- Present address of applicant
- Previous addresses of applicant in the past 5 years
- Description of applicant and description of facilities
- Training or experience instructing drivers
- The names of instructors and a list of driver training cars, if applying for driver school license
- Any other information deemed relevant to the decision to grant or deny a license
Questions about the content of this page:
WisDOT Driver Training Schools, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: December 9, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.