Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
- Auto = $75
- Recreational vehicle trailer = $15
- Motorcycle and mopeds = $23 (biennial)
- Special design vehicle = $5
|Vehicle registration fee chart effective February 1, 2012|
|(Annual fees are shown)|
raw forest products
|Farm truck tractor||Spec. "UX"||Motor home|
|All numbers in these columns are dollar amounts|
|*12,000 lbs. gross weight farm trucks are registered biennially.|
- Motor truck and trailer fees are based on the gross weight of the vehicle, including load.
- Truck tractor fees are based on the gross weight of the combined unit, which consists of the tractor and semi-trailer and load.
- Trailer registration at 14,000 lbs. gross weight is effective February 1, 2012.
- Motor home and bus fees are based on the gross weight of the vehicle, including property and passengers.
- In addition to the regular annual registration fee paid for a vehicle, all vehicles with automobile registration or truck registration at 8,000 lbs. or less (except dual purpose farm registration) and kept in the municipality or county that has an approved wheel tax, are subject to the additional fee.
Questions? Contact us: Wisconsin DMV email service
Last modified: February 1, 2012
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.