Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Processing time for DMV products
DMV online services available:
- License plate look up - find out when your plate expires; get the RRN number so you can renew your plates online; check to see if an emissions (IM) test is required for the vehicle; find out if your plate is suspended or valid.
- Where's my title? - know if your title has been processed recently and when to expect it in the mail.
As of April 4, 2015, we are working on applications we received on:
- March 12, 2015 (for titles¹ and/or non-personalized license plates)
- April 2, 2015 (for license plate renewals² - either renewed online or mailed to Milwaukee address on renewal notice)
- April 2, 2015 (for personalized² and/or special interest plates)
¹As of July 30, 2012, state law requires the department to deliver all titles to the lien holder (lender). Check Lien look up to see if there is a lien on your vehicle. If the title was sent to the lien holder, the vehicle owner will receive a Confirmation of Ownership document that provides the same information as a title, but cannot be used to transfer ownership or record another lien.
²Please allow an additional four weeks from the issuance of the certificate of registration for manufacturing and mailing of special and personalized plates.
Note: DMV does not track the receipt of application items. We are only able to locate an application after it has been processed. Your check will not be cashed until the application comes up for processing.
Questions? Contact us: Wisconsin DMV email service
Last modified: April 6, 2015
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.