Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Building Wisconsin's Transportation Network
This book provides an overview of Wisconsin's transportation accomplishments since the mid-1980's and highlights some of the future challenges and needs for the new century.
The following documents are in Adobe PDF
format unless otherwise noted.
(Note: Some files are large and may take longer to download depending on individual connection speeds. Users may need to zoom in to see details.)
- Complete booklet
Note: The complete book has been broken down into sections below to make for smaller file sizes and faster downloads.
A policy and administrative bulletin for licensed dealers from the Dealer Section of the Wisconsin Department of Transportation's (WisDOT) Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
Multimodal planning - Translinks21 documents
This series of publications document the Translinks21 planning effort performed by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation dating back to 1994. They are hosted by the National Transportation Library in Washington, D.C.
- Wisconsin Bicycle Planning Guidance - Guidelines for Metropolitan Planning Organizations & Communities in Planning & Developing Bicycle Facilities
- Corridors 2020 - Review and Update - Summary (June 1994)
- Impacts of Highway Facility Improvements on Travel and Regional Development
- Intercity Air Transportation - Overview and Presentation of Alternative Policies for Intercity Air Transportation in Wisconsin
- Intercity Passenger Rail Transportation - Overview and Presentation of Alternative Policies for Intercity Passenger Rail Transportation
- Passenger Ferry Service - An Overview and a Study Proposal for Passenger Ferry Service in Wisconsin
- Rural and Specialized Passenger Transportation - Description and Review of Alternative Policies for WisDOT
- Translinks 21 - Summary
- Transportation and Economic Development - A Summary of Key Issues Being Explored on Transportation Options and Economic Development
- Transportation & the Environment - Description and Review of Alternative Policies for Departmental Consideration
- Transportation Demand Management - Description and Review of Alternative Policies for WisDOT
- Working Together to Shape Wisconsin's Future Transportation System Overview of Translinks 21
Programs for Local Government
Local Roads Improvement Program (LRIP)
crash facts archive
Includes past editions (back to 1999) of the traffic crash facts, alcohol crash facts, and motorcycle safety publications along with special interest monographs and fact sheets on deer crashes, speed and seatbelt use.
- 1998 Traffic Crash Facts
- 1997 Traffic Crash Facts
- 1996 Traffic Crash Facts
- 1995 Traffic Crash Facts
- 1994 Traffic Crash
- 1993 Traffic Crash Facts
- 1992 Traffic Crash Facts
- 1991 Traffic Crash Facts
- 1990 Traffic Crash Facts
- 1989 Traffic Accident Facts
- 1988 Traffic Accident Facts
- 1987 Traffic Accident Facts
- 1986 Wisconsin Accident Facts
- 1985 Wisconsin Accident Facts
- 1984 Wisconsin Accident Facts
- 1983 Wisconsin Accident Facts
- 1982 Wisconsin Accident Facts
- 1981 Wisconsin Accident Facts
- 1980 Wisconsin Accident Facts
- 1979 Wisconsin Accident Facts
- 1978 Wisconsin Accident Facts
- 1977 Wisconsin Accident Facts
- 1976 Wisconsin Accident Facts
- 1975 Wisconsin Accident Facts
- 1974 Wisconsin Accident Facts
- 1973 Wisconsin Accident Facts
- 1972 Wisconsin Accident Facts
Questions about the content of this page:
WisDOT Library, email@example.com
Last modified: January 28, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.