Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Help keep Wisconsin's roadsides beautiful!
View new safety video below
Adopt-A-Highway is Wisconsin's litter control program and helps
- Reduce litter along Wisconsin's highways
- Build statewide support for the anti-litter and highway beautification programs
- Educate the traveling public to properly dispose of litter
- Enhance the environment and beautify Wisconsin's roadsides
Learn how groups can make a difference in helping keep Wisconsin beautiful.
The Adopt-A-Highway program emphasizes safety. As part of this emphasis the program provides a safety video and "Your safety comes first", a take-along printable brochure. It is strongly encouraged every participant watch the video and be familiar with roadside safety concerns. It is important to be very careful when working on the roadsides.
- What to do
- What not to do
- How to stay safe while helping clean up Wisconsin's roads
- Adopt-A-Highway Safety Tips Playing time: 6:41
"Your safety comes first" - How to stay safe while cleaning up highway litter.
Various forms for working with the Adopt-A-Highway program:
- Application/Permit (DT1206) - Apply for adopting a highway to help clean up.
- Clean-up report (DT2214) - Report once the clean up activity has been completed.
- Freeway/Interstate/Interchange Work Plan (DT1207) - Assure a safe clean-up of the freeway/interstate/interchange that you have adopted.
- Notice of abandonment (DT1205) - To let WisDOT know you are no longer interested in the clean up activities.
Questions about the content of this page:
NC Region AAH Coordinator, Laurie Miller firstname.lastname@example.org
NE Region AAH Coordinator, R.J. Tilleman email@example.com
NW Region (Eau Claire) AAH Coordinator, Joan Frey Pospishil firstname.lastname@example.org
NW Region (Superior) AAH Coordinator, Michael Ostrenga email@example.com
SE Region AAH Coordinator, Margaret Brown firstname.lastname@example.org
SW Region AAH Coordinator, Donna Sanford email@example.com
Last modified: June 23, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.