Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Enhanced Mobility of Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities Program
The Section 5310 Enhanced Mobility of Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities Program utilizes federal and state funds for capital and operating projects that improve the mobility of seniors and individuals with disabilities. Eligible applicants include private non-profits, local units of government, and operators of public transportation. The Section 5310 program is administered by an annual competitive application process. The next application process will occur Summer 2015.
The Section 5310 program provides grant funds for capital and operating expenses for:
- Public transportation projects planned, designed, and carried out to meet the special needs of seniors and individuals with disabilities when public transportation is insufficient, inappropriate, or unavailable
- Public transportation projects that exceed the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 (42 U.S.C. 12101 et seq.)
- Public transportation projects that improve access to fixed route service and decrease reliance on complementary paratransit
- Alternatives to public transportation projects that assist seniors and individuals with disabilities with transportation
2015 Application Timeline and Process
Applications for the 2015 projects were due August 15, 2014. The following document lists applications received. These applications will be scored and ranked by review panels and projects selected for funding will be announced Fall 2014 for projects beginning January 1, 2015.
Large urbanized area links and maps
The state’s four large urbanized areas (Appleton, Green Bay, Madison and Milwaukee) are now administering the 5310 programs for their geographic areas while the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) continues to administer the program for the small urban and rural areas of the state.
- Appleton Urbanized Area (East Central WI RPC)
- Green Bay Urbanized Area (Green Bay MPO)
- Madison Urbanized Area (Madison Area MPO)
- Milwaukee Urbanized Area (Southeastern WI RPC)
Federal Transit Administration MAP-21
For more information about the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Section 5310 Program, use the links provided below.
Forms and reports for current grantees
Important: The following document(s) are in Word format unless otherwise noted.
If you have any questions about the 5310 program, please contact one of the WisDOT Specialized Transit Program Managers:
Katie Patterson, email@example.com, 608-264-7335
Questions about the content of this page:
Judy Foss, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: September 5, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.