Public meeting for Verona Road (US 18/151) project, Dane County
April 24, 2012
A public information meeting will occur on Thursday, May 17 to discuss the Verona Road (US 18/151) project in Dane County. The meeting will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Fitchburg Public Library, Room 212 A and B, 5530 Lacy Road, Fitchburg, WI 53711.
The project is divided into two stages. Stage 1 will reconstruct the Beltline from Whitney Way to Seminole Highway, and reconstruct Verona Road (US 18/151) from Raymond Road to Nakoma Road. Stage 2 will reconstruct Verona Road (US 18/151) from County PD to Raymond Road.
The project involves reconstruction of the Beltline from Whitney Way to Seminole Highway, and reconstruction of Verona Road (US 18/151) from Raymond Road to Nakoma Road.
Proposed improvements include reconstructing the Beltline/Verona Road interchange; constructing a new jug-handle intersection at Summit Road and Verona Road; pedestrian and bicycle accommodations; installation of noise walls; and expansion to three lanes beyond Whitney Way on the Beltline.
To ease congestion during construction, the following intersections will receive improvements in 2013 to handle additional traffic:
- County M and County PB - signal and turn lane extensions proposed;
- County M and County D (Fish Hatchery Road) - signal and turn lanes proposed;
- County D and Whalen Road - turn lane and bike accommodations proposed;
- Seminole Highway and Lacy Road - turn lane additions;
- County PD and Seminole Highway - eastbound left turn lane extension;
- Seminole Highway and Sentinel Pass - signal and turn lane extensions;
- Whitney Way and Gilbert - southbound left turn lane extension; and
- Seminole Highway, Yuma and Nakoma Drive - signal and revised pavement marking.
Construction of the Beltline/Verona Road interchange is scheduled for 2014.
The public is encouraged to attend the meeting, provide input and ask questions regarding this project. A formal 20 minute presentation will begin at 5:30 p.m. WisDOT Real Estate staff will be available to answer questions regarding land interests necessary for reconstruction and the acquisition process.
Visit www.veronaroadproject.wi.gov for more information regarding the Verona Road (US 18/151) project. Open house dates, times and locations can be viewed under "Public involvement."
If you are unable to attend the open house, or would like more information, contact Mark Vesperman at (608) 246-7548. Written comments regarding the project can be mailed to Project Manager Mark Vesperman, WisDOT, 2101 Wright Street, Madison, WI, 53704. Citizens who are deaf or hard of hearing and who require an interpreter may request one by contacting Mark Vesperman at least three working days prior to the meeting.