WIS 66 between Wisconsin Rapids and Stevens Point closing Monday
June 6, 2012
On Monday, June 11, crews plan to close WIS 66 (formerly County P) between Wisconsin Rapids and Stevens Point. Traffic will be detoured via WIS 34, Portage County P and County HH (Old US 10). Motorists are advised to plan ahead and allow more travel time to avoid delays.
Local access to residences and businesses located along WIS 66 will be maintained through construction.
The closure is necessary for crews to:
- Resurface WIS 66 between WIS 34 (Wood County) and West Gate Drive (Portage County).
- Replace four bridges on WIS 66: the Mosquito and Alder Creek bridges in Wood County; and the Skelly and Mill Creek bridges in Portage County.
Also, as a safety enhancement, crews are installing rumble strips along the shoulders and centerline of the highway. The rumble strips are designed to reduce run-off-the road crashes:
- WIS 34 to the Portage County line will have centerline and shoulder rumble strips.
- Portage County line to County HH will have a centerline rumble strip.
All work is scheduled for completion by October 12, 2012. The schedule is subject to change based on weather conditions and construction status.
For more information, contact:
Communications Manager Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region
(715) 421-8380, email@example.com