Update: Correction of detour information - WisDOT conducting WIS 73, WIS 80 public information meeting
June 22, 2012
Bridge replacements scheduled in 2013 will detour traffic
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is conducting a public information meeting to discuss proposed improvements to the Yellow River, Rocky Creek and Beaver Creek bridges located on WIS 73 and WIS 80 in Wood County.
The meeting will take place in the Pittsville Community Hall, 5291 3rd Avenue, Pittsville on Tuesday, June 26, from 5 to 6:30 p.m. A brief presentation is scheduled to begin at 5 p.m. The remainder of the meeting will follow an informal, open house format. WisDOT representatives will be available to discuss the proposed improvements and address any questions.
The Yellow River, Rocky Creek and Beaver Creek bridge improvements are scheduled to begin in 2013. Improvements include:
- Replacing the existing Yellow River truss bridge with a two-span concrete girder bridge
- Replacing the existing Rocky Creek concrete box culvert with a one-span concrete slab bridge
- Replacing both the existing Beaver Creek steel girder bridges with two-span concrete girder bridges
- Widening the bridges and roadway approaches
- Updating the traffic roadside barrier systems
Work on the Yellow River bridge and Rocky Creek box culvert, located on WIS 73/80 is scheduled to occur from mid-June to the end of August. Traffic will be detoured via Wood County A and County N.
Work on Beaver Creek bridges, located on WIS 80, is scheduled to occur from September to late November 2013. During construction traffic will be detoured via Wood County A and US 10. Crews cannot begin work at this location until the Yellow River bridge and Rocky Creek box culvert work is finished.
Citizens who are deaf or hard of hearing and who require an interpreter may request one by contacting Kristin McHugh at least three working days prior to the meeting.
For more information, contact:
Communications Manager Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region
(715) 421-8380, firstname.lastname@example.org