Demolition of Lakeview Drive bridge over US 41 starts August 20
August 15, 2012
Brown County work requires full-freeway nighttime closures
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region in Green Bay is announcing the Lakeview Drive bridge over US 41 closed today, in preparation for demolition next week. The work to dismantle the overpass is scheduled to take up to four days and requires full-freeway closures during nighttime hours. Motorists are strongly encouraged to plan alternate routes.
The $3.3 million project involves replacing the bridge over US 41. The work continues through November when the bridge will reopen to traffic.
Overpass demolition details include:
- Remove the bridge over a period of four nights starting Monday, August 20.
- Complete closure of northbound and southbound US 41, between Lineville Road and Velp Avenue, from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Northbound US 41 on-ramp from Velp Avenue and southbound US 41 on-ramp from Lineville Road closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Northbound I-43 to northbound US 41 ramp closed.
Northbound US 41 traffic will be detoured onto Velp Avenue to eastbound Lineville Road. The detour route for southbound US 41 motorists will be westbound Lineville Road to Velp Avenue, Velp Avenue south to US 41.
Northbound US 41 traffic wanting to enter southbound I-43 will use Velp Avenue. Northbound I-43 traffic wanting to enter northbound US 41 will exit I-43 to southbound US 41 to Velp Avenue, follow Velp Avenue north to Lineville Road, east on Lineville Road to US 41.
Please note: All scheduled closures are weather-dependent and subject to change.
Law enforcement will monitor traffic during the demolition and portable message signs are being placed to inform motorists. During the project, US 41 may occasionally be reduced to one lane as needed during overnight hours and shoulders will be closed to facilitate construction.
For more information, contact:
Kim A. Rudat, regional communications manager
(920) 492-5743, firstname.lastname@example.org