Full freeway closure of US 41 added for August 28 in Brown County
August 27, 2012
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region is announcing a full freeway closure of US 41, between Lineville Road and Velp Avenue, has been scheduled for Tuesday, August 28, during the hours of 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. In addition, the northbound US 41 on-ramp from Velp Avenue and southbound US 41 on-ramp from Lineville Road will also be closed. The closures are needed for demolition of the Lakeview Drive bridge over US 41.
Details of traffic impacts for Tuesday, August 28:
- Complete closure of north and southbound US 41, between Lineville Road and Velp Avenue, from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Northbound US 41 on-ramp from Velp Avenue and southbound US 41 on-ramp from Lineville Road closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Northbound I-43 to northbound US 41 ramp closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Detour routes around the construction:
- Northbound US 41 traffic will be detoured onto Velp Avenue to eastbound Lineville Road.
- The detour route for southbound US 41 motorists will be westbound Lineville Road to Velp Avenue, Velp Avenue south to US 41.
- Northbound US 41 traffic wanting to enter southbound I-43 will use Velp Avenue.
- Northbound I-43 traffic wanting to enter northbound US 41 will exit I-43 to southbound US 41, continue to Velp Avenue, follow Velp Avenue north to Lineville Road, travel east on Lineville Road to US 41.
All lane restrictions are weather-dependent and subject to change.
For more information, contact:
Kim A. Rudat, WisDOT Region communications manager
(920) 492-5743, firstname.lastname@example.org