US 41 Project lane closures for October 22 through October 26
October 19, 2012
Traffic restrictions in Brown and Winnebago counties
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region is announcing US 41 Project lane restrictions for October 22 through October 26 in Brown and Winnebago counties. Drivers should be aware of 11-foot wide lanes and reduced speed limits in both counties. WisDOT urges all motorists to use caution while traveling through any work zone. Details of all closures are included below.
Drivers will encounter overnight single lane closures on north and southbound US 41, between 9th Avenue and US 45 throughout the week between the hours of 7 p.m. and 5 a.m.
Drivers will encounter overnight single lane closures on north and southbound US 41, from south of Schuering Road to Lineville Road throughout the week between the hours of 7 p.m. and 5 a.m. In addition, several full freeway and ramp closures will occur this week. They include:
- Monday, October 22: Northbound US 41, between Velp Avenue and Lineville Road, will be
closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. The northbound US 41 on-ramp from Velp Avenue, and the northbound
I-43 to northbound US 41 ramp will also be closed.
- Northbound US 41 traffic will be detoured north on Velp Avenue to Lineville Road, east on Lineville Road to US 41.
- Northbound US 41 traffic wanting to enter southbound I-43 will use the entrance ramp from Velp Avenue. Northbound I-43 traffic wanting to enter northbound US 41 will exit I-43 to southbound US 41 to Velp Ave, follow Velp Avenue north to Lineville Road, east on Lineville Road to US 41.
- Tuesday, October 23: The southbound US 41 on-ramp from Dousman Street will close from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Thursday, October 25: The northbound US 41 on-ramp from Dousman Street will close from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Drivers should anticipate daytime single lane closures on east and westbound WIS 29, between Packerland Drive and County FF throughout the week. All closures will occur between the hours of 4 a.m. and 2 p.m.
I-43/Leo Frigo Memorial Bridge
I-43 at the Leo Frigo Memorial Bridge is reduced to a single lane of traffic with speeds reduced to 55 mph in both directions over a 3.5-mile segment of the highway through November 2012. Expect significant travel delays. In addition, the following ramps are closed to traffic:
- Southbound I-43 off-ramp to Webster Avenue
- Northbound I-43 on-ramp from Webster Avenue
- Southbound I-43 on-ramp from Atkinson Drive
All lane restrictions and work operations are subject to change.
For more information, contact:
Communications Manager Kim A. Rudat, WisDOT NE Region
(920) 492-5743, email@example.com