US 41 Project lane closures for November 12 through November 16
November 9, 2012
Traffic restrictions in Brown and Winnebago counties
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region in Green Bay is announcing US 41 Project lane restrictions for November 12 through November 16 in Brown and Winnebago counties. Drivers should to be aware of 11-foot wide lanes and reduced speed limits in both counties. WisDOT urges all motorists to use caution while traveling through any work zone. Details of all closures are included below.
The speed limit on northbound US 41 from US 45 to Breezewood Lane has returned to 65 mph. Please note: Southbound US 41 remains 55 mph in this location. US 41 between 9th Avenue and US 45 also remains 55 mph in both directions.
Drivers will encounter overnight single lane closures on north and southbound US 41, from south of Schuering Road to Lineville Road throughout the week between the hours of 7 p.m. and 9 a.m. In addition, the southbound US 41 off-ramp to Velp Avenue will close overnight Monday, November 12 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Drivers should anticipate daytime single lane closures on east and westbound WIS 29, between County FF and Packerland Drive throughout the week. All closures will occur between the hours of 4 a.m. and 2 p.m. Overnight single lane closures will also occur between County FF and Taylor Street from 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. In addition, several full closures will occur this week. They include:
- Monday night, November 12 to Friday morning, November 16: East and westbound WIS 29,
between the north and southbound ramps of US 41, will close overnight from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. The on-
and off-ramps to WIS 29 from north and southbound US 41 will remain open. The following detour
routes will be in place:
- Eastbound WIS 29 traffic wanting to access northbound US 41 or continue on WIS 29 will exit eastbound WIS 29 to southbound US 41, take southbound US 41 to Mason Street, east on Mason Street to northbound US 41.
- Westbound WIS 29 traffic wanting to access southbound US 41 or continue on WIS 29 will exit westbound WIS 29 to northbound US 41, follow northbound US 41 to Velp Avenue, west on Velp Avenue to southbound US 41.
- Tuesday, November 13: Eastbound WIS 29, between County FF and Packerland Drive, will close overnight from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Traffic will be detoured south on County FF to Mason Street, east on Mason Street to northbound US 41, northbound US 41 to WIS 29.
I-43/Leo Frigo Memorial Bridge
I-43 at the Leo Frigo Memorial Bridge is expected to return to normal traffic operations next week with all four lanes open to traffic. The northbound I-43 on-ramp from Webster Avenue and southbound I-43 on-ramp from Atkinson Drive will also reopen at that time. The completion of work is weather-dependent. WisDOT will send a separate notification when reopening occurs.
All lane restrictions and work operations are weather-dependent and subject to change.
For more information, contact:
Communications Manager Kim A. Rudat, WisDOT NE Region
(920) 492-5743, Kim.Rudat@dot.wi.gov