Sturgeon Bay bridge closing to traffic Monday, March 4
February 19, 2013
Bayview Bridge improvements continue
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) NE Region in Green Bay is announcing the Bayview Bridge (WIS 32/57) in Sturgeon Bay, Door County will be closed to vehicular and pedestrian traffic Monday, March 4. This closure is part of a $4.8 million project to upgrade the bridge. It is expected to reopen to vehicular traffic by July 4, 2013.
During the closure, traffic will be detoured through Sturgeon Bay.
- Northbound cars and trucks will be detoured through the city of Sturgeon Bay along Green Bay Road to Madison Avenue to Michigan Street to WIS 42/57.
- Southbound cars will be detoured through the city of Sturgeon Bay along Egg Harbor Road to Jefferson Street to Third Avenue to Michigan Street to Madison Avenue to Green Bay Road to WIS 42/57.
- Southbound trucks will be detoured through the city of Sturgeon Bay along Michigan Street to Madison Avenue to Green Bay Road to WIS 42/57.
Motorists should anticipate delays during this closure.
The project includes structural steel repair, bridge painting, electrical and machinery system upgrades, and an overlay of the bridge deck and approaches. This work is being done to extend the life of the bridge.
The electrical work continued through the winter as new conduit was laid.
The Bayview Bridge was opened in 1978 and the last major bridge repairs were done in 2004.
For more information regarding traffic impacts in the Northeast Region:
- Follow us on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Call 5-1-1 or visit Wisconsin 511 online.
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.
For more information, contact:
Communications Manager Kim Rudat, WisDOT NE Region
(920) 492-5743, email@example.com