Reminder: Sturgeon Bay bridge closing to traffic Monday, March 4
March 1, 2013
Snowmobiles will still be allowed to cross the bridge
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) NE Region in Green Bay is reminding motorists that the Bayview Bridge (WIS 42/57) in Sturgeon Bay, Door County will be closed to vehicular and pedestrian traffic Monday, March 4. This closure is part of a $4.8 million project to upgrade the bridge. It is expected to reopen to vehicular and pedestrian traffic by July 4, 2013.
WisDOT will continue to allow snowmobiles to cross the ship canal at this location on the bridge through Sunday, March 10. Snowmobilers should exercise caution and remain within the limits of the established trail.
During the closure, traffic will be detoured through Sturgeon Bay.
- Northbound cars and trucks will be detoured through the city of Sturgeon Bay along Green Bay Road to Madison Avenue to Michigan Street to WIS 42/57.
- Southbound cars will be detoured through the city of Sturgeon Bay along Egg Harbor Road to Jefferson Street to Third Avenue to Michigan Street to Madison Avenue to Green Bay Road to WIS 42/57.
- Southbound trucks will be detoured through the city of Sturgeon Bay along Michigan Street to Madison Avenue to Green Bay Road to WIS 42/57.
For more information regarding traffic impacts in the Northeast Region:
- Follow us on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Call 5-1-1 or visit Wisconsin 511 online.
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.
For more information, contact:
Communications Manager Kim Rudat, WisDOT NE Region
(920) 492-5743, email@example.com