WisDOT schedules WIS 29 (Sunrise Drive to Business 51) public meeting
March 1, 2013
Public input needed on proposed improvements, plans for traffic management during construction
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is conducting a public involvement meeting for the proposed improvements to WIS 29 between Sunrise Drive (Rib Mountain) and the Business 51 interchange (Rothschild), in Marathon County.
The meeting is scheduled for Thursday, March 14, in the Community Room of the Village of Rothschild Hall, 211 of the Grand Avenue, from 5 to 7 p.m. A brief presentation is scheduled to begin at 5 p.m.
This is the second public involvement meeting for the project. WisDOT is seeking public input on the proposed improvements as well as the anticipated traffic impacts to WIS 29, Business 51, and the WIS 29/Business 51 interchange during construction.
Pavement on this section of WIS 29 is deteriorating and needs to be replaced. Also, the bridge decks of the structures located over the Wisconsin River and Business 51 are nearing the end of their service life and require replacement. The Sunrise Drive overpass bridge deck needs repair and does not meet current height requirements. WisDOT is proposing the following improvements:
- Replace the existing pavement of eastbound and westbound WIS 29 from just west of the Wisconsin River to just east of Business 51.
- Replace the bridge deck and widen the westbound WIS 29 bridges over the Wisconsin River and Business 51.
- Replace the bridge deck and widen the eastbound WIS 29 bridge over Business 51.
- Replace the bridge deck of the eastbound WIS 29 bridge over the Wisconsin River.
- Replace the parapets and place a concrete overlay on the bridge deck of the Sunrise Drive overpass structure.
- Raise the Sunrise Drive overpass at the north end to provide clearance for oversized, overweight vehicles traveling on WIS 29.
Construction is currently scheduled to begin in 2014. All work should be completed by spring 2017.
Citizens who are deaf or hard of hearing and require an interpreter may request one by contacting Kristin McHugh at least three working days prior to the meeting.
For more information, contact:
Communications Manager Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region
(715) 421-8380, firstname.lastname@example.org