WisDOT announces weight limits for Forest, Langlade, Lincoln, Marathon and Shawano County state highways
March 20, 2013
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) North Central Region today announced the seasonal posting of weight limits on area state highways. The weight restrictions are 6 tons gross load for single axle vehicles and 10 tons gross load for tandem axle vehicles (any two axles under 8 feet apart). The maximum gross weight is 24 tons.
Weight restrictions will go into effect at 8 a.m. on Monday, March 25, 2013 on the following highways:
- WIS 52, Langlade and Forest counties, from WIS 55 to Smith Road
- WIS 107, Marathon and Lincoln counties, from Marathon County A to WIS 64
- WIS 107, Lincoln County, from Lincoln County S to Matthew’s Road
- WIS 153, Marathon and Shawano counties, from Marathon County J to US 45
Seasonal weight restrictions (springtime posted roads) are placed on specific highways during the spring thaw period. The restrictions are implemented to prevent damage to the pavement structure.
In the event of unpredicted cold weather, the postings in each county may be delayed as conditions require, and will become effective at the discretion of the State Highway Engineer.
For more information, contact:
Communications Manager Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region
(715) 421-8380, email@example.com