Tower Avenue project to begin in Superior
April 12, 2013
A $13.3 million contract to improve Tower Avenue in Superior will begin on Monday, April 15
The reconstruction of Tower Avenue (WIS 35), from Belknap to North 3rd Street, is the last in a series of projects to completely reconstruct the Tower Avenue corridor in the city of Superior.
The project provides roadway corridor reconstruction, including:
- Street lighting
- Some side street work
- A complete new storm sewer system will be installed to improve the aged combined storm/sanitary lines.
- The new roadway configuration will include two lanes with a left turn lane option.
- The use of a raised median will be constructed in many locations
- The project will provide aesthetic treatments and amenities in accordance with the State Community Sensitive Design (CSD) policy.
- Contractors will begin setting up traffic control tomorrow, with Tower Avenue closing to traffic at 10 a.m. Monday, April 15.
Project updates can be found throughout construction at project web page.
For more information, contact:
Project Manager Brendan Dirkes, WisDOT NW Region
(715) 395-3026, email@example.com
Communications Manager Chris Ouellette, WisDOT NW Region
(715) 833-9814, firstname.lastname@example.org