I-39 lane, ramp closures scheduled in Portage County
May 3, 2013
I-39/US 51 between Portage County HH (Plover) and 2nd Street North (Stevens Point) will be reduced to one lane in each direction beginning Monday, May 13. When lanes are closed the speed limit will be reduced to 55 mph.
The lane closures are necessary for crews to complete pavement repairs and preventative maintenance. To minimize the impacts to the traveling public crews will also work through the night.
Crews plan to close and detour the following interchange ramps on Monday, May 13 from 7 p.m. until 5 a.m. on Tuesday, May 14:
- I-39 southbound off-ramp to US 10 east/WIS 66 west
- US 10 east/WIS 66 west on-ramp to southbound I-39
- During the ramp closures traffic will be detoured via the I-39/Portage County HH interchange
Crews plan to close and detour the following interchange ramps on Tuesday, May 14 from 7 p.m. until 5 a.m. on Wednesday, May 15:
- I-39 northbound off-ramp to US 10 east/WIS 66 west
- US 10 east/WIS 66 west on-ramp to northbound I-39
- During the ramp closures traffic will be detoured via the I-39/WIS 66 east interchange
Work is scheduled for completion by noon on Friday, May 17.
Motorists are reminded to drive with caution in the work zone and be alert for slow moving vehicles.
The schedule is subject to change based on weather conditions and construction status. For more information regarding traffic impacts in the North Central Region:
- Follow us on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Call 5-1-1 or visit Wisconsin 511 online.
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.
For more information, contact:
Communications Manager Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region
(715) 421-8380, email@example.com