WIS 32 corridor planning study alternatives available on web site
May 6, 2013
DePere and WisDOT are partnering in the multi-year study
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region in Green Bay is announcing alternatives are now available for a current planning study for one mile of the WIS 32 corridor in the city of DePere, Brown County, from Third Street to Eighth Street on the website below. The public comment period will be available until the end of May 2013. The project web page is on the WisDOT web site.
The purpose of this multi-year study is to determine what this busy corridor will look like in the future and how it will best serve the citizens of De Pere, Brown County and northeast Wisconsin. WisDOT, in partnership with the city of De Pere, is leading this one-mile-long study to help determine need and scope of future construction projects.
The study alternatives are looking to address:
- Typical cross sections to meet transportation needs now and in the future
- Existing and proposed traffic patterns for Main Avenue and Reid Street
- Intersection operations
- Bicycle/pedestrian and transit options
- Existing railroad bridge structure for possible expansion
- Utility replacements
The study is expected to be completed by July 2014.
For more information, contact:
Communications Manager Kim Rudat, WisDOT NE Region
(920) 492-5743, firstname.lastname@example.org