US 51 freeway closures scheduled in Wausau next week
May 17, 2013
Brief closures necessary to conduct blasting operations for construction of the new US 51/Marathon County U and K interchange
Crews are planning brief (5 to 20 minutes) closures of the northbound and southbound lanes of US 51 — between Bridge Street and Decator Drive, in Wausau on the following days:
- Tuesday, May 21, at 10 a.m. and at 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 22 at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, May 23 at 10 a.m.
The freeway closures are necessary for crews to conduct blasting operations adjacent to the highway. The schedule is subject to change based on weather conditions and construction status.
Motorists are reminded to drive with caution as they approach the work zone and should be prepared to stop. To avoid delays associated with the closures, motorists may want to use alternate routes.
To sign up for weekly construction updates or to learn more about the interchange reconstruction, please visit the project web site.
For more information regarding traffic impacts in the North Central Region:
- Follow us on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Call 5-1-1 or visit Wisconsin 511 online.
- Visit the WisDOT web site.
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.
For more information, contact:
Communications Manager Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region
(715) 421-8380, firstname.lastname@example.org