US 51 resurfacing project in Lincoln County begins next week
June 6, 2013
Improvements to US 51 between County K (Merrill) and County S (Tomahawk), in Lincoln County is scheduled to begin on Monday, June 10.
American Asphalt of Wisconsin is the prime contractor for the $3.6 million resurfacing project. Crews will resurface the northbound and southbound lanes on US 51. Other improvements include:
- Resurfacing the on and off-ramps at the northbound and southbound County K and County S ramps
- Placing an anti-skid surface on the County S overpass and completing some routine bridge maintenance
- Repaving shoulders
During construction, US 51 will remain open to traffic. Motorists can expect to encounter single lane closures. When lanes are closed the speed limit is reduced to 55 mph in the work zone. Motorists can also expect to encounter flagging operations at the interchange ramps. Motorists are reminded to drive with caution in the work zone and be alert for slow moving vehicles.
Construction is scheduled for completion by early September 2013. The schedule is subject to change based on weather conditions.
For more information regarding traffic impacts in the North Central Region:
- Follow us on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Call 5-1-1 or visit Wisconsin 511 online.
- Visit the WisDOT web site.
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.
For more information, contact:
Communications Manager Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region
(715) 421-8380, email@example.com