US 51/Marathon County U and K ramp closures, openings scheduled tomorrow night in Wausau
June 13, 2013
Crews working on the construction of the new US 51/Marathon County U and K interchange in Wausau are planning the following ramp closures and openings on Thursday, June 13 at 7 p.m.:
- Closing: The northbound US 51 off-ramp to County U
- Opening: The temporary off-ramp from northbound US 51 to County K
- Closing: The on-ramp to southbound US 51 from County U
- Opening: The temporary on-ramp to southbound US 51 from County K
The ramp closures are required to construct the new northbound US 51 off-ramp to County U and the new southbound US 51 on-ramp from County U. The ramp closures are expected to continue through September 2013.
Motorists are reminded to drive with caution as the approach the work zone. To avoid delays associated with the closures, motorists may want to use alternate routes.
To sign up for weekly construction updates or to learn more about the interchange reconstruction, please visit the project web site.
For more information regarding traffic impacts in the North Central Region:
- Follow us on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Call 5-1-1 or visit Wisconsin 511 online.
- Visit the WisDOT web site.
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.
For more information, contact:
Communications Manager Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region
(715) 421-8380, firstname.lastname@example.org