WIS 153 reconstruction scheduled in Elderon
July 5, 2013
Property owners, public invited to attend construction information meeting on July 15
Reconstruction of WIS 153 between Maple Street and Park Street, in the village of Elderon, is scheduled to begin as early as July 16.
The public is invited to attend a construction information meeting to learn more about the planned construction activities, the construction schedule and how traffic will be managed.
The meeting is scheduled for Monday, July 15, from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at the Elderon Village Hall, 9187 WIS 153, Elderon. A brief presentation is scheduled to begin at 5:30 p.m. Citizens who are deaf or hard of hearing and require an interpreter may request one by contacting Kristin McHugh at (715) 421-8380 at least three working days prior to the meeting.
The prime contractor for the $1.3 million project is S and N Incorporated of Merrill. Crews will replace the existing deteriorated roadway. Other improvements include:
- Installation of new curb, gutter and storm sewers
- Narrow side road intersections will be widened
- Parking lanes will be constructed on WIS 153 between Wausau Street and Peters Street
- Replacement of current sidewalks
The project will be completed in two stages:
- Stage one: WIS 153 will be closed to through traffic and WIS 49 will remain open. WIS 153 traffic will be detoured via I-39, WIS 29 and WIS 49. This stage is expected to be completed by late September.
- Stage two: WIS 153 will reopen to traffic. WIS 49 will be closed and detoured via WIS 161, WIS 110, US 45, and WIS 29. This stage is expected to begin late September and will be completed in late October/early November.
The schedule is subject to change based on favorable weather conditions and construction status.
The project will be paid for with a combination of federal, state and local transportation funds.
For more information, contact:
Communications Manager Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region
(715) 421-8380, email@example.com