Bridge inspections scheduled in Wood, Portage, and Marathon counties next week
July 5, 2013
Motorists can expect lane closures
Motorists can expect to encounter lane closures on the following bridges while crews perform routine inspections and maintenance operations. Some of the lane closures will require flagging operations.
- WIS 54 in Dexterville. The WIS 54 bridge over the Yellow River will have single lane closure on Monday, July 8 from 9 to 11 a.m.
- WIS 73 in Nekoosa. The WIS 73 bridge over the Wisconsin River will have a single lane closure on Monday, July 8 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- US 10 north of Stevens Point. The US 10 eastbound and westbound bridges over the Wisconsin River and its tributaries will have single lane closures on Monday, July 8 from 1 to 4 p.m. and Tuesday, July 9 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- County R in Wausau. The County R bridge over the Big Rib River will have a single lane closure on Wednesday, July 9 from 7 to 11 a.m.
Motorists should be alert for slow moving vehicles and potential traffic backups during peak travel times. The schedule is subject to change based on weather conditions.
For more information regarding traffic impacts in the North Central Region:
- Follow us on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Call 5-1-1 or visit Wisconsin 511 online.
- Visit the WisDOT web site.
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.
For more information, contact:
Communications Manager Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region
(715) 421-8380, firstname.lastname@example.org