WIS 153 closure scheduled to begin next week
July 12, 2013
Closure necessary for WIS 153 roadway resurfacing
Crews are planning to close WIS 153 between Maple Street and Park Street, in the village of Elderon, beginning Tuesday, July 16.
The closure is necessary for crews to resurface 7.1 miles of roadway along WIS 153. The schedule is subject to change based on weather conditions and construction status.
The project will be completed in two stages:
- Stage one: WIS 153 will be closed to through traffic and WIS 49 will remain open. WIS 153 traffic will be detoured via I-39, WIS 29 and WIS 49. This stage is expected to be completed by late September.
- Stage two: WIS 153 will reopen to traffic. WIS 49 will be closed and detoured via WIS 161, WIS 110, US 45, and WIS 29. This stage is expected to begin late September and will be completed in late October/early November.
Construction is scheduled for completion by early November 2013.
For more information regarding traffic impacts in the North Central Region:
- Follow us on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Call 5-1-1 or visit Wisconsin 511 online.
- Visit the WisDOT web site.
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.
For more information, contact:
Communications Manager Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region
(715) 421-8380, firstname.lastname@example.org