Second public meeting for Central segment of I-39/90 Expansion Project, Rock County
July 18, 2013
Meeting to focus on design alternatives for the US 14 and WIS 26 interchanges
A public information meeting will occur on Thursday, August 1 to provide update on the reconstruction and expansion of Interstate 39/90 from County O, south of Janesville, to the Dane/Rock County line. The meeting will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. at Marshall Middle School (cafeteria), 25 South Pontiac Drive, Janesville, Wisconsin. A brief presentation will be held at 5:30 p.m.
This is the second public information meeting for the project’s Central Segment. During the meeting, participants will receive updated information on the planned reconstruction and expansion of I-39/90 including:
- Eight (8) lanes from County O to the WIS 26 interchange;
- Six (6) lanes from the WIS 26 interchange to the Dane/Rock County line;
- Reconstruction of the interchanges US 14, WIS 26 and WIS 59;
- Design alternatives for the US 14 and WIS 26 interchanges;
- Exhibits on the re-evaluation of the corridor Environmental Assessment (EA); and
- Additional information on the proposed noise barriers.
Construction is currently underway at the WIS 11 (Racine Street) interchange and scheduled to be completed late November 2013.
The public is encouraged to attend the meeting, provide input and ask questions regarding this project. Maps showing the proposed improvement alternatives will be on display. WisDOT representatives will be available to discuss the project on an individual basis.
If you are unable to attend the meeting, or would like more information, contact Derek Potter at (608) 245-2637. Written comments regarding the project can be mailed to Derek Potter, WisDOT project manager, 2101 Wright Street, Madison, WI 53704, or by email at email@example.com. Citizens who are deaf or hard of hearing and require an interpreter may request one by contacting Derek Potter at least three working days prior to the meeting.
For more information, contact:
Project Manager Derek Potter, WisDOT I-39/90 Central Segment
(608) 245-2637, firstname.lastname@example.org
Communications Manager Steven Theisen, WisDOT I-39/90 Project
(608) 246-3818, email@example.com