Truck traffic to increase on WIS 35 in St. Croix County
July 24, 2013
Stillwater, Minnesota – Beginning today, motorists travelling on WIS 35 north of Hudson can expect additional truck traffic entering and exiting the site of the former wayside in the town of St. Joseph.
Motorists will experience shoulder closures for the next two weeks to accommodate the increased traffic.
The trucks are hauling clean, native material from the St. Croix River that is being removed as part of the foundation’s contract for the St. Croix Crossing project. The topsoil has been stripped where the rest area and parking lot used to be and the river material is being placed in the cleared location. Once the area is filled, crews will replace the top soil and re-establish vegetation.
Another site approximately four miles to the east on WIS 64 between 150th Avenue and County V will also be used once activities are completed at the wayside area. Crews will be using this site until the project wraps up later this fall. Motorists should expect shoulder closures when that activity occurs.
Stay connected, ask questions or provide comments to the St. Croix Crossing project team:
- Visit the project website
- Sign-up for weekly email updates
- Call the hotline at 1-855-GO-CROIX (462-7649)
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter @stcroixcrossing
- Stop by the office at 1862 Greeley Street S., Stillwater. Hours are 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday, and extended office hours occur Tuesdays until 6:30 p.m.
For more information, contact:
Communications Manager Christine Ouellette, WisDOT NW Region
(715) 833-9814, (715) 828-9471, firstname.lastname@example.org