WIS 70 improvements scheduled in Oneida County
July 31, 2013
Crews plan to begin work on WIS 70 between the north county line and Morgan Road on Monday, August 12.
Pitlik and Wick is the prime contractor for the $1.1 million project. Crews will mill 6.5 miles of the roadway and repave it with new asphalt. Additional improvements include:
- Adding a bypass lane at Camp Pinemere Road
- Replacing three culvert pipes
- Installing drain pipe to the Wildwood Wildlife Park parking area
- Extending the width of the paved shoulder at Squirrel Lake Road
- Adding a paved shoulder to the elevated curve between Black Bear Bar and Duval Court
- Replacing permanent signing and beam guard
Construction is currently scheduled for completion by late September 2013.
WIS 70 will remain open to traffic during construction. Motorists can expect to encounter minor delays and flagging operations during daylight hours.
Eighty percent of the project will be paid for with federal transportation funds; the remaining 20 percent will be paid for with state transportation funds.
For more information, contact:
Communications Manager Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region
(715) 421-8380, firstname.lastname@example.org