Business 51 bridge maintenance scheduled in Marathon, Portage counties
August 9, 2013
Crews plan to begin general maintenance work to bridges located on Business 51 in Schofield (Eau Claire River bridge) and on Business 51 in Whiting (Plover River bridge) beginning Monday, August 19. Motorists can expect to encounter single lane closures, reduced lane widths and minor delays during peak travel hours.
Norcon Construction is the prime contractor for the $392,000 project.
Eau Claire River bridge in Schofield
- Repairing and placing a polymer overlay on the bridge deck
- Restoring the river bed nearer to its original elevation
- Repairing the existing sidewalk and curb and gutter
- The intersection with Business 51, South Grand Avenue and Drott Street will be closed to traffic. The traffic signal at the intersection will be turned off for the duration of the project.
- Access will be maintained to adjacent business and property owners. Driveway access may be limited due to multiple parking lots that are linked together.
Plover River bridge in Whiting
- Placing a polymer overlay on the bridge deck
- Milling and overlaying the approaches
- Repairing damaged sidewalk, curb and gutter, and median
- Two turn lanes will be closed during construction.
- County HH westbound to Business 51 northbound (right-turn lane)
- County HH eastbound to Business 51 northbound (left-turn lane)
- Access will be maintained to adjacent business and property owners.
Construction is currently scheduled for completion by early October 2013. One hundred percent of the project will be paid for with state transportation funds.
For more information, contact:
Communications Manager Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region
(715) 421-8380, firstname.lastname@example.org