Second public meeting for South segment of I-39/90 Expansion Project, Rock County
October 3, 2013
Meeting to focus on design alternatives for I-39/90, WIS 11 (Avalon Road) and County S (Shopiere Road) interchanges
A public information meeting will occur on Thursday, October 17 to provide an update on the reconstruction and expansion of Interstate 39/90 between the Illinois state line and County O, just south of Janesville in Rock County. The meeting will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Turtle Town Hall, 6916 South County Road J, Beloit, WI 53511. A brief formal presentation will be held at 5:30 p.m.
The meeting will present design information on:
- Reconstruction and expansion to six (6) and eight (8) lanes of I-39/90 from the Illinois state line to County O;
- Reconstruction of two (2) interchanges at County S (Shopiere Road), and WIS 11 (Avalon Road);
- Replacement of aging overpass structures on Stateline Road, Hart Road, Creek Road and Woodman Road along the Interstate. In addition to the Hart Road overpass, the reconstruction of Hart Road from County S to County X;
- Strip right of way acquisition for properties adjacent to the Interstate, interchanges and local road overpasses is anticipated.
A future public meeting will be held to present interchange alternatives for the I-39/90 and I-43/WIS 81 interchange.
Due to the recent design changes for safety and operations of I-39/90, an updated Environmental Evaluation will be completed to identify, analyze and address changes since the October 2010 document was approved to and determine if the overall conclusions are still valid. More information will be on display at this meeting.
The South segment improvements, from the Illinois state line to County O, are a part of the I-39/90 expansion project from the Illinois state line to the US 12/18 interchange near Madison.
The public is encouraged to attend the meeting, provide input, and ask questions concerning this project. Maps showing the proposed improvement alternatives will be on display. WisDOT representatives will be available to discuss the project on an individual basis.
If you are unable to attend the meeting, or would like more information, contact Steve Marshall at (608) 246-5350. Written comments regarding the project can be mailed to Project Manager Steve Marshall, WisDOT, 2101 Wright Street, Madison, WI 53704, or by email at email@example.com. Citizens who are deaf or hard of hearing and require an interpreter may request one by contacting Steve Marshall at least three working days prior to the meeting.
For more information, contact:
Project Manager Steve Marshall, WisDOT I-39/90 South Segment
(608) 246-5350, firstname.lastname@example.org
Communications Manager Steven Theisen, WisDOT I-39/90 Project
(608) 246-3818, email@example.com