US 51/Marathon County K ramp closures scheduled Saturday in Wausau
October 18, 2013
Crews are planning ramp closures at the US 51/Marathon County U and K interchange (Wausau) on Saturday, October 19. The following interchange ramps are scheduled to close from 5 a.m. to noon:
- On-ramp from County K to northbound US 51
- Off-ramp from southbound US 51 to County K
The ramp closures are necessary for crews to construct segments of the temporary roadway that will be used to shift US 51 traffic during the 2014 construction season.
The speed limit on US 51 at this location is reduced to 55 mph. Motorists are reminded to drive with caution in the work zone. To avoid delays motorists may want to use alternate routes.
To sign up for weekly constructions updates or to learn more about the interchange reconstruction, please visit the project web site.
For more information regarding traffic impacts in the North Central Region:
- Follow us on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Call 5-1-1 or visit Wisconsin 511 online.
- Visit the WisDOT web site.
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.
For more information, contact:
Communications Manager Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region
(715) 421-8380, email@example.com