Bridge maintenance scheduled on I-39, US 51 next week
October 18, 2013
Crews plan to complete routine bridge maintenance work on I-39 in Marquette and Portage counties, and on US 51 in Lincoln County. Motorists can expect to encounter single lane closures at the following locations:
- Monday, October 21, Marquette County: I-39 bridges over Dover Court (Newton) and over Chaffee Creek (Springfield).
- Monday, October 21, Lincoln County: US 51 between the Lincoln County Q and WIS 64 interchanges (Merrill).
- Tuesday, October 22, Portage County: I-39 bridges over County B and the Canadian Nation Railroad (Plover).
All work is expected to be completed before the end of the day Wednesday, October 23. The schedule is subject to change based on weather conditions and construction status. Motorists should be alert for slow moving vehicles and are reminded to drive with caution in the work zone.
For more information regarding traffic impacts in the North Central Region:
- Follow us on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Call 5-1-1 or visit Wisconsin 511 online.
- Visit the WisDOT web site.
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.
For more information, contact:
Communications Manager Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region
(715) 421-8380, email@example.com