Weather delays roadwork on I-39 in Mosinee, Rothschild
October 30, 2013
Ramp closure, shoulder work rescheduled for next week
Crews working on I-39 southbound in Rothschild and on the highway shoulders near the Maple Ridge interchange have rescheduled a ramp closure and lane reductions. The closures were rescheduled due to rainy weather and wet pavement.
- Crews are planning to close the far right driving lane on southbound I-39 and the off-ramp to Business 51 (exit 185 in Rothschild) from 8 p.m. Sunday, November 3 to 5 a.m. Monday, November 4. There will be no signed detour during the closure. Motorists are advised to allow extra time for travel. The closure is necessary for crews to install pavement markings and complete barrier removal. After the concrete barrier is removed, traffic will be switched onto the new southbound lanes. The speed limit is reduced to 55 mph through the work zone on I-39. Motorists are reminded to drive with caution.
- Motorists can expect to encounter daytime, single lane closures on northbound and southbound I-39, between Mosinee and Rothschild, beginning Tuesday, November 5. The speed limit in the work zone will be reduced to 55 mph. The closures are necessary for crews to complete paving and rumble strip work on the outside highway shoulders. Motorists may encounter some delays during peak travel times and are reminded to drive with caution through the work zone. Work is scheduled for completion by the end of the day, Thursday, November 7.
The schedules are subject to change based on weather conditions.
For more information regarding traffic impacts in the North Central Region:
- Follow us on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Call 5-1-1 or visit Wisconsin 511 online.
- Visit the WisDOT web site.
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.
For more information, contact:
Communications Manager Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region
(715) 421-8380, email@example.com