Lane closures scheduled in Marathon County next week
November 29, 2013
Crews are planning single lane closures on WIS 29 (near Edgar) and on Business 51 (Rothschild) next week.
- Monday, December 2 through Friday, December 6. Eastbound WIS 29 between Fairview Drive and Marathon County M, near Edgar. The closure is necessary for crews to make repairs to the road surface. Work is scheduled for completion before the end of the day on Friday, December 6.
- Tuesday, December 3. Business 51 between Imperial Avenue and Village Way, in Rothschild. The closures are necessary to complete pavement coring for the upcoming reconstruction of Business 51 in 2014.
Motorists are reminded to drive with caution in the work zones and should be alert for slow moving vehicles. The schedules are subject to change based on favorable weather conditions.
For more information regarding traffic impacts in the North Central Region:
- Follow us on Twitter: @511WI_NoCentral for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Check the Wisconsin Department of Transportation 511 Web site: www.511wi.gov
- Check the WisDOT North Central Region weekly construction update: www.dot.wisconsin.gov/opencms/export/nr/modules/news/news_0982.html_786229440.html
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.
For more information, contact:
Kristin McHugh, WisDOT Region Communications Manager