US 41 Project lane closures for April 14 to April 18
April 11, 2014
Traffic restrictions in Brown and Winnebago counties
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region in Green Bay is announcing US 41 Project lane restrictions for April 14 to April 18 in Brown and Winnebago counties. Drivers should be aware of 11-foot wide lanes and reduced speed limits in both counties and remember to use caution while traveling through any work zone. Details of all closures are included below.
Drivers should anticipate various overnight single lane closures on southbound and northbound US 41 along the entire Brown County corridor from south of Glory Road to Lineville Road. Lane closures can vary along the corridor, so drivers are urged to stay alert, pay attention to road signs, slow down and use caution when entering any work zone. The US 41 Project plans to have at least one lane of traffic open at all times on both northbound and southbound US 41 during construction. This does not include closures by local authorities for accidents or unusual incidents (such as weather).
On Monday, eastbound and westbound Oneida Street between Allied Street and Ramada Way will have overnight single lane closures from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. The following ramps will also be closed:
- Northbound and southbound US 41 off-ramps to Oneida Street will be closed on Monday from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Northbound US 41 on-ramp from Oneida Street will be closed
NIGHTLY Monday through Friday from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Drivers can expect single lane closures on eastbound WIS 172 between Babcock Road and Oneida Street on Tuesday. In addition, the following ramps will be closed this week:
- Northbound US 41 off-ramp to eastbound WIS 172 will be closed on
Tuesday from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. Detour as follows:
- Traffic will be detoured off at Ashland Avenue, take Ashland Avenue north to Vanderperren Way, follow Vanderperren Way west to eastbound WIS 172 on-ramp.
- Westbound WIS 172 off-ramp to southbound US 41 will be closed on
Wednesday from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Traffic will be detoured as follows:
- Traffic seeking southbound US 41 will exit at Pilgrim Way, take Pilgrim Way east to Ashland Avenue and follow Ashland Avenue south to southbound US 41.
- Westbound WIS 172 off-ramp to northbound US 41 will be closed on
Thursday from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Traffic will be detoured as follows:
- Traffic seeking northbound US 41 will exit at Pilgrim Way, take Pilgrim Way to Ashland Avenue, follow Ashland Avenue north to Lombardi Avenue and take Lombardi Avenue west to northbound US 41.
35-hr closure on Lombardi Avenue
Drivers can anticipate a 35-hour closure of Lombardi Avenue under the US 41 overpass. Closure will begin 7 p.m. Sunday, April 13 through 6 a.m. Tuesday, April 15. The closure is needed for partial demolition of the US 41 bridge over Lombardi Avenue. Traffic on US 41 will be maintained during demolition.
Morris Avenue under US 41 will be closed overnight on both Wednesday and Thursday from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. for partial demolition of the US 41 bridge over Morris Avenue.
- Eastbound and westbound WIS 29 between the US 41 ramps will have a
FULL overnight closures on Monday and Tuesday from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Detour as
- Westbound WIS 29 traffic will be detoured north to Velp Avenue, take Velp Avenue west to southbound US 41 and follow US 41 south to westbound WIS 29.
- Eastbound WIS 29 traffic will be detoured south to Mason Street, take Mason Street east to northbound to US 41 and follow US 41 north to eastbound WIS 29.
Velp Avenue Interchange 9-day ramp closure
The northbound US 41 on-ramp from Velp Avenue will be closed for 9 days beginning at 5 a.m. on Wednesday, April 16 until 5 a.m. Friday, April 25. This 9-day closure is needed to erect tub girders over the Velp Avenue interchange.
- Traffic seeking northbound US 41 will be detoured south on US 41 to WIS 29, take WIS 29 east to northbound US 41. Westbound Velp Avenue will also be prompted to take Atkinson Drive north to northbound I-43 to northbound US 41.
Drivers can anticipate single lane closures on northbound and southbound US 41 between County G and Snell Road on Tuesday and Wednesday from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
All lane restrictions and work operations are weather-dependent and subject to change.
For more information regarding traffic impacts in the Northeast Region:
- Follow us on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Call 5-1-1 or visit Wisconsin 511 online.
For more information, contact:
Mark Kantola, WisDOT NE Region/US 41 Project Communications
(920) 492-4153, firstname.lastname@example.org