US 41 Project lane closures for March 10 to March 14
March 7, 2014
Traffic restrictions in Brown and Winnebago counties
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region in Green Bay is announcing US 41 Project lane restrictions for March 10 to March 14 in Brown and Winnebago counties. Drivers should be aware of 11-foot wide lanes and reduced speed limits in both counties and remember to use caution while traveling through any work zone. Details of all closures are included below.
Drivers should anticipate various overnight single lane closures on southbound and northbound US 41 along the entire Brown County corridor from south of Scheuring Road to Lineville Road. Lane closures can vary along the corridor, so drivers are urged to stay alert, pay attention to road signs, slow down and use caution when entering any work zone. The US 41 Project plans to have at least one lane of traffic open at all times on both northbound and southbound US 41 during construction. This does not include closures by local authorities for accidents or unusual incidents (such as weather).
Hansen Road Bridge with full closures of US 41
Due to the Hansen Road bridge girders being erected over US 41, drivers can expect multiple ramp closures and full closures of US 41. The following closures will take place:
- Northbound US 41, between Ashland Avenue and westbound WIS 172, will be closed overnight from 7
p.m. to 5 a.m. with following detour:
- Northbound US 41 traffic will be detoured off at Ashland Avenue, follow Ashland Avenue north to Pilgrim Way, take Pilgrim Way west to westbound WIS 172 on-ramp, and take westbound WIS 172 to northbound US 41.
- Northbound US 41 on-ramps from County G and Oneida Street will be closed overnight from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Northbound US 41 on-ramp from Oneida Street will be closed overnight from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Northbound US 41 off-ramp to WIS 172 will be closed overnight from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. with the
- Northbound US 41 traffic will be detoured off at Ashland Avenue, follow Ashland Avenue north to Pilgrim Way, take Pilgrim Way west to westbound WIS 172 on-ramp, and take westbound WIS 172, eastbound WIS 172 traffic will take Vanderperren Way west to eastbound WIS 172.
I-43/Leo Frigo Bridge
Drivers can anticipate traffic delays on the Leo Frigo Bridge. Southbound I-43 between Atkinson Drive and Webster Avenue will have various single lane closures on Wednesday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Northbound I-43 between Webster Avenue and Atkinson Drive will also have various single lane closures on Thursday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. This is maintenance work on a joint structure and is NOT related to the Pier 22 reinforcement this past winter.
On Monday and Tuesday, northbound and southbound off-ramps to Lineville Road will be closed nightly from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. There will be full overnight closures of northbound and southbound US 41 under Lineville Road on Wednesday and Thursday from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. for bridge demolition.
- US 41 traffic will use the Lineville Road interchange ramps to exit and re-enter US 41.
Local road closures
- Eastbound and westbound Lineville Road between Deerfield Road and West Deerfield Road will be closed overnight on Monday and Tuesday from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Eastbound and westbound Lineville Road between the northbound and southbound US 41 ramps will be closed overnight on Wednesday and Thursday from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. for bridge demolition.
WIS 172 long-term ramp closure
The WIS 172 eastbound to US 41 northbound ramp is closed until late spring.
- Eastbound WIS 172 traffic wanted to exit to northbound US 41 will take WIS 172 east and exit at Ashland Avenue/Vanderperren Way, take Vanderperren Way west to Holmgren Way, take Holmgren Way north to Pilgrim Way, and follow Pilgrim Way east to the WIS 172 westbound entrance ramp. Then follow WIS 172 west to US 41 north.
Drivers can anticipate full overnight closures of northbound and southbound US 41, between WIS 76 and Breezewood Lane, Monday, March 10 through Thursday March 13, NIGHTLY from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. for demolition of the County GG overpass. In addition, the northbound US 41 on-ramp from WIS 76 and the southbound US 41 on-ramps from County II, County JJ and Breezewood Lane will also be closed during this timeframe. The following detours will be in place:
- Northbound US 41 traffic will be detoured off at WIS 176, take WIS 76 north to County II, follow County II east to US 41.
- Southbound US 41 traffic will be detoured off at County II, take County II east to WIS 76, follow WIS 76 south to US 41.
The scheduled bridge demolition is part of the upcoming construction on the County Y and GG overpasses. County Y and GG overpasses are closed for construction until mid-August.
All lane restrictions and work operations are weather-dependent and subject to change.
For more information regarding traffic impacts in the Northeast Region:
- Follow us on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Call 5-1-1 or visit Wisconsin 511 online.
For more information, contact:
Mark Kantola, WisDOT NE Region/US 41 Project Communications
(920) 492-4153, email@example.com