US 41 Project closures for July 28 to August 1
July 25, 2014
Traffic restrictions in Brown and Winnebago counties
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region in Green Bay is announcing US 41 Project lane restrictions for July 28 to August 1 in Brown and Winnebago counties. Drivers should be aware of 11-foot wide lanes and reduced speed limits in both counties and remember to use caution while traveling through any work zone. Details of all closures are included below.
Drivers should anticipate various overnight single lane closures on southbound and northbound US 41 along the entire Brown County corridor from south of Glory Road to Lineville Road. Lane closures can vary along the corridor, so drivers are urged to stay alert, pay attention to road signs, slow down and use caution when entering any work zone. The US 41 Project plans to have at least one lane of traffic open at all times on both northbound and southbound US 41 during construction. This does not include closures by local authorities for accidents or unusual incidents (such as weather).
21-day closure and 60-day closures at Shawano interchange
The northbound US 41 exit ramp to eastbound Shawano Avenue will close for a maximum of 21 days starting Monday, July 28. Shawano Avenue from Taylor Street to Packerland Drive and all other Shawano interchange ramps closed July 7 for 60 days.
WIS 29 detour is as follows:
- Westbound WIS 29 will be detoured at Military Avenue, take Military south to Mason Street and Mason west to US 41 northbound and follow US 41 northbound to the new WIS 29 westbound flyover ramp.
- Eastbound WIS 29 will be detoured south on US 41 to WIS 172, take WIS 172 eastbound to I-43 southbound to the WIS 29 exit.
- A detailed map of closure area and alternate routes can be found at the US 41 website.
The following ramps will be closed:
- Northbound US 41 on-ramp from northbound I-43 will be closed on
Monday and Tuesday from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Traffic will be detoured at Atkinson Drive, take Atkinson Drive south to Velp Avenue, follow Velp Avenue west to northbound US 41.
- Northbound US 41 off-ramp to southbound I-43 will be closed on
Wednesday from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Traffic will be detoured off at Velp Avenue, take Velp east to Atkinson Drive and Atkinson north to I-43 southbound.
Pilgrim Way is closed between Cormier and Ridge Road.
US 41 and EAA
Drivers should expect heavy event traffic beginning Monday, July 28 through Sunday, August 3. Drivers should pay close attention to the message boards and traffic control signs. US 41 traffic should be aware of the potential for traffic slowing down and/or stopping due to heavy traffic.
Days/events that could impact travel on US 41:
- Wednesday night air show with fireworks
- Thunderbirds’ practice Friday
- Friday afternoon/evening with recreational, commuter and event traffic all utilizing the freeway
- Saturday Thunderbirds Air Show and Packers Family Night (expect very heavy traffic on freeway)
- Sunday Thunderbirds Air Show with events wrapping up by around 3 p.m.
There will be minimal traffic impacts from the US 41 Project due to EAA. Travelers can expect a single lane closure on US 41 between WIS 76 and County Road G, but there will be two, 12-foot lanes open at all times.
All lane restrictions and work operations are weather-dependent and subject to change.
Log on to the US 41 Project website for details of all projects. The US 41 Project can also be found on Facebook and Twitter. For statewide projects and traffic alerts, go to the WisDOT website, visit Wisconsin 511 online or call 5-1-1.
For more information, contact:
Mark Kantola, WisDOT NE Region US 41 Project Communications
(920) 492-4153, firstname.lastname@example.org