US 51 lane closures scheduled in Wausau next week
January 9, 2014
Crews are planning to make repairs to damaged beam guard along US 51 in the Wausau area. Motorists can expect to encounter single lane closures beginning Monday, January 13, at the following locations:
- Southbound US 51 between Marathon County WW (Exit 197) and County U
- Southbound US 51 between Bridge Street (Exit 193) and Stewart Avenue
- Northbound US 51 between Stewart Avenue (Exit 192) and Bridge Street
Work is scheduled for completion before the end of the day on Friday, January 17. The schedule is subject to change based on favorable weather conditions.
Motorists are reminded to drive with caution in work zones and should be alert for slow moving vehicles. For more information regarding traffic impacts in the North Central Region:
- Follow us on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Call 5-1-1 or visit Wisconsin 511 online.
- Visit the WisDOT web site.
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.
For more information, contact:
Communications Manager Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region
(715) 421-8380, email@example.com