Lineville bridge demolition CANCELED for tonight and Tuesday
February 17, 2014
Overnight closure pushed to Wednesday due to storm
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) NE Region in Green Bay is announcing demolition of the Lineville Road overpass at US 41 has been CANCELED for tonight, Monday, February 17 and tomorrow, Tuesday, February 18. Closure and preparation for demolition of the Lineville Road bridge will now begin Wednesday, February 19 with an overnight closure of Lineville Road. Closure of US 41 under the Lineville bridge has been pushed to next week.
New dates for the Lineville bridge demolition
- Lineville Road will close between the US 41 north and southbound ramps OVERNIGHT from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. on Wednesday, February 19, and Monday, February 24 through Thursday, February 27.
- US 41 will have a full closure under Lineville Road OVERNIGHT from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday, February 24 through Thursday, February 27. Motorists can use the Lineville Road interchange ramps to exit and reenter US 41.
- Use Lakeview Drive as an alternate route across US 41.
- Use County B and Velp Avenue interchanges for access to and from US 41.
Following the bridge demolition, traffic impacts on Lineville Road during construction February to August 2014 include:
- Reduced lane widths in each direction
- Intermittent ramp closures throughout the year
- One lane of traffic OPEN in each direction
The following will be closed for 60 days, August to October 2014:
- Interchange ramps
- Lineville Road bridge
- Lineville Road intersection with West Deerfield Avenue
- Lineville Road intersection with East Deerfield Avenue (note: Only East Deerfield Avenue will be able to cross Lineville Road)
Lineville Road bridge and intersection work includes constructing four roundabouts, expanding Lineville to four lanes through the interchange area and constructing a free-flow, right-turn lane for eastbound traffic at the US 41 southbound entrance ramp. The bridge will be raised, and US 41 under the bridge will be increased to six lanes to the south.
Please note, all construction is weather-dependent.
For more US 41 Project information, log on to the project website, or find the US 41 Project on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for additional details on US 41 construction activities, traffic impacts and lane closures.
For more information, contact:
Mark Kantola, WisDOT NE Region/US 41 Project Communications
(920) 492-4153, firstname.lastname@example.org