Travel conditions likely to deteriorate this afternoon creating hazardous driving in central Wisconsin
February 20, 2014
Freezing rain likely during afternoon commute, motorists advised to plan ahead
The likelihood of freezing rain across most of central Wisconsin is expected to peak this afternoon and into the evening.
The Wisconsin State Patrol reminds commuters that the road conditions may change quickly and become hazardous during peak travel times.
If you must travel, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) reminds motorists to be prepared for the unexpected and check winter road conditions before leaving home by visiting Wisconsin 511 online or calling 5-1-1.
Important driving tips during icy conditions:
- Allow extra time for travel.
- Slow down and drive for conditions.
- Be sure to keep plenty of space between you and the car in front of you. Sudden stops and sharp turns will likely cause your car to lose control.
- Motorists are advised to be extra cautious on interchange ramps.
Additional winter driving tips can be found on WisDOT’s website.
For more information, contact:
Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region Communications
(715) 421-8380, firstname.lastname@example.org