US 41 Project finishes in Winnebago County with final two projects
February 27, 2014
Bridges at County GG and Y are the last construction staging areas for Winnebago County
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region in Green Bay is announcing full overnight closures of northbound and southbound US 41, between US 45 and WIS 76, Monday, March 3 through Thursday March 6, NIGHTLY from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. for demolition of the County Y overpass. In addition, the northbound US 41 on-ramp from US 45 and the southbound US 41 on-ramp from WIS 76 will also be closed during this timeframe. The following detours will be in place.
- Northbound US 41 traffic will be detoured off at US 45, take Algoma Boulevard south to Murdock Avenue, follow Murdock Avenue east to WIS 76 and take WIS 76 north to US 41.
- Southbound US 41 traffic will be detoured off at WIS 76, take WIS 76 south to Murdock Avenue, follow Murdock Avenue west to Algoma Boulevard, take Algoma Boulevard north to US 41.
The scheduled bridge demolition is part of the upcoming construction on the County Y and GG overpasses. County Y and GG overpasses will be closed beginning Monday morning, March 3 in Winnebago County. The County GG bridge is scheduled for demolition later in March. Construction at both bridges is expected to be completed by mid-August.
Work at County Y and County GG overpasses includes:
- Replacing County Y and County GG bridges over US 41
- Constructing multi-modal paths
- Raising the road profile to improve sight distance at intersections
Traffic impacts are as follows:
- County Y and GG overpasses closed to traffic from March 3 to mid-August.
- Green Valley Road closed to traffic at County Y and County GG. Local traffic only. No posted detour.
- Various single lane closures on US 41.
The bridge work at County GG and Y marks the end of construction for the US 41 Project in Winnebago County. Brown County work is slated to finish by early 2017.
All lane restrictions are weather-dependent and subject to change.
Stay connected with US 41 Project and WisDOT
Log on to the US 41 Project website for details of all projects. The US 41 Project can also be found on Facebook and Twitter. For statewide projects, go to the Wisconsin DOT website.
For more information, contact:
Mark Kantola, WisDOT NE Region/US 41 Project Communications
(920) 492-4153, email@example.com