Lineville bridge demolition begins Monday in Brown County
March 10, 2014
US 41 and Lineville to close overnight for multiple days
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) NE Region in Green Bay is announcing construction on the Lineville Road bridge will start tomorrow, Monday, March 10. Lineville Road will close between the US 41 north and southbound ramps OVERNIGHT from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. for bridge demolition on March 10, 11, 12, 13, 17 and 18. In addition, US 41 will have a full closure under the Lineville Road bridge OVERNIGHT from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. on March 12, 13, 17 and 18. Motorists can use the Lineville Road interchange ramps to exit and reenter US 41.
- Use Lakeview Drive as an alternate route across US 41.
- Use County B and Velp Avenue interchanges for access to and from US 41.
Following the bridge demolition, traffic impacts on Lineville Road during construction February to August 2014 include:
- Reduced lane widths in each direction
- Intermittent ramp closures throughout the year
- One lane of traffic OPEN in each direction
The following will be closed for 60 days, August to October 2014:
- Interchange ramps
- Lineville Road bridge
- Lineville Road intersection with West Deerfield Avenue
- Lineville Road intersection with East Deerfield Avenue (note: Only East Deerfield Avenue will be able to cross Lineville Road)
Lineville Road bridge and intersection work includes constructing four roundabouts, expanding Lineville to four lanes through the interchange area and constructing a free-flow, right-turn lane for eastbound traffic at the US 41 southbound entrance ramp. The bridge will be raised, and US 41 under the bridge will be increased to six lanes to the south.
As always, any specific construction dates are weather-dependent.
For more US 41 Project information, log on to the project website, or find the US 41 Project on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for additional details on US 41 construction activities, traffic impacts and lane closures.
For more information, contact:
Mark Kantola, WisDOT NE Region/US 41 Project Communications
(920) 492-4153, email@example.com